When: Friday evening, June 7 to Monday night, June 10
Where: Camp Kinder Ring, Hopewell Junction, NY
Please read through this information carefully as things have changed this year.
At this annual retreat, we come together to create a joyful, immersive Shavuot experience. At the retreat, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in our signature spirited, songful, lay-led, egalitarian davening and study a vast array of topics at our overnight Tikkun and during the daytime. You’ll also have plenty of time to partake in delicious, kosher meals, enjoy the extensive grounds (including a pool and sports fields), make new friends, and reconnect with old ones. Our Shavuot Retreat community includes singles, couples, and kids and adults of all ages. We offer a variety of housing options, and all are clean, comfortable, and rustic.
The Shavuot Retreat is entirely volunteer-run. We work hard to look after every detail, but if you have any specific questions, please be in touch! You can reach us at email@example.com. We look forward to enjoying the holiday together!
This year we are expanding the programming for children aged 8-15: We'll have a kick-off meeting in Manhattan on Sunday May 19th for kids who want to help shape the programming. We'll also be asking parents of this age group to sign up for slots loosely overseeing children. Stay tuned for details.
Learning Program Partnership with Hadar Institute
We are excited to partner with the Hadar Institute to bring you a highly engaging learning program at this year’s retreat! Join us for engaging conversations throughout the weekend.
- 1.5 hours from Manhattan by car
- Transportation by bus from NYC will be available each way. The bus will pick up and drop off at 110th Street between Broadway & Riverside. The registration process will include an option to indicate an interest in taking the bus, but will not require immediate confirmation or payment. Prices are pending interest gathered during the registration process and will be set several weeks before the Retreat, but are likely to be around $25 each way.
- Transportation by Train: The name of the Metro North train station nearest camp is New Hamburg, on the Hudson Line. Kinder Ring recommends A-1 Taxi in New Hamburg - call (845) 297-8294 the day before you arrive to reserve a taxi. The fare is $35 for one person, or $15 per person for two or more passengers - it is approximately 20 minutes from camp. You may want to print out directions from our website to bring with you. Please visit the Metro North website for more information about train schedules.
The registration fee includes kosher meals, housing, babysitting, and spectacular learning for 3 nights and 3 days. Since there are a variety of housing options, we have a tiered registration system:
(All prices are listed per person. For example, a couple registering for Private Bedroom/Bathroom would pay 2 x $525 which equals $1,050.)
- Bunk (Individual adult registrants): $415 per person
Single bed in a standard camp bunk with attached bathroom. About 6-8 people share a bunk.
- Double Bedroom, Shared Bathroom (2 adult registrants): $465 per person
Private room with one double bed. Shared bathroom with up to 3 other rooms in the cabin.
Private Bedroom/Bathroom (1 or 2 adult registrants): $525 per person
Private room in a cabin with 1 double or 2 single beds. Individual registrants may be assigned a roommate. Private bathroom.
Family housing (Adult registrants with children under age 12): $465 per adult, $250 per child 5-12, $100 per child under 5
Private room with space for adults and children, private bathroom. Families will be placed near each other to create a quiet zone at night and to simplify babysitting.
All payment is via credit card during registration. Note that you will not be confirmed for the Retreat until payment is received. Please review our refund policy.
*Discounts* We are pleased to offer one of two types of discounts!
Community Contributor Discount: Anyone who donated at the recommended contribution level during the course of the year OR who regularly served the community by volunteering five times over the course of the year is eligible for a discount and early access to registration. Keep an eye on your inbox for the discount code and a link to register early.
First Timer Discount: Anyone in the community who has never been on a Kehilat Hadar Shavuot Retreat is eligible for a discount. If this is your first time coming, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code. We can’t wait to have you join us there this year!
We have some funds available in hopes of making the retreat accessible to everyone who wants to join. If you would like to attend the 2019/5779 Shavuot Retreat, but require some financial assistance, please review the Financial Aid information page and apply for aid before registering for the Retreat. Financial aid applications must be received and processed before you can register. The deadline to apply for financial aid is May 5th, after which we may not be able to process additional financial aid requests.
If you have any other questions, please email us at email@example.com
We hope to see you there!
The 2019 Shavuot Team
Haley Schulman and Jeremy Tabick (Co-Chairs)
Max Arad, Tim Bernard, Andrea Brustein, Stacey Cohen, Avi Eisen, Hilana Ezekiel, Tali Graff, Zoe Grossman, Maddy Hoffman, Yossi Hoffman, Aaron Kasman, Ashira Konigsburg, Jason Lehrer, Steve Melzer, Lisa Minsky-Primus, Adin Nelson, Avi Popack, Meir Schecter, Zach Stecker, and Ben Varon.