We are embarking on a project to revamp both our website and community database over the next few months. We are excited to announce this project to the community, and are looking to assemble a team of volunteers to make it happen!
The KH Board has approved a recommendation to migrate to ShulCloud. We would now like to get a team together to design and implement the changes. We are aiming to run the project from now through an intended launch at the end of July 2020.
Please take a look at the role descriptions below and complete this form to let us know that you’re interested in participating.
- Information Architect
- Graphic Designer
- Front-End Engineer
- Content Migration and QA Volunteers (no tech experience required)
Goal: Propose a structure for content on the new site
- Review current content
- Meet with stakeholders (KH volunteers and community members) to assess team and user needs
- Work with project lead to finalize information architecture
We are looking for someone with experience working on websites or other user-facing organizational systems, who likes to organize things, and enjoys considering problems from multiple perspectives.
Goal: Develop the look and feel for the new website
- Design any graphic elements
- Select the most appropriate ShulCloud template as a starting point (with front-end engineer)
- Work with front-end engineer to iterate on the design
We are looking for someone with training and / or experience in graphic design for online settings, who can develop a simple, brand-aligned aesthetic from scratch, and has experience working with website engineers.
Goal: Implement the design spec
- Customize website template using CSS in collaboration with graphic designer)
- Select the most appropriate template as a starting point (with graphic designer)
We are looking for someone with experience in front-end web engineering (especially CSS).
Goal: Populate the new site with content and get it ready to launch
- Copy content into new site
- Proofread web content for style and accuracy (in consultation with KH communications lead)
- Test appearance and functionality of pages on the new site and report bugs to front-end engineer
We are looking for one person (or more) who enjoys copyediting, has an eye for detail, and likes to see everything in its proper place.